Trillanes accepts apology of columnist who wrote about Trump’s supposed remarks against him » Manila Bulletin News

0
63


Published

By Vanne Elaine Terrazola

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV has accepted the apology of one of the newspaper columnists who wrote about United States President Donald Trump’s supposed remarks against him.

Trillanes, in a statement Saturday, said tabloid columnist Al Predroche has apologized to him for writing about Trump’s reported fake interview statements.

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV
(Czar Dancel / MANILA BULLETIN)

Earlier the opposition senator slammed at least three newspaper columnists who wrote about Trump’s alleged confirmation that Trillanes met US Sen. Marco Rubio, claiming that Trump was responding to a question of a certain reporter

“The little narco met with Senator Marco,” the columns quoted Trump, referring to Trillanes.

Their articles were later picked up by staunch supporters of President Duterte and published them in social media and self-proclaimed news websites.

Trillanes however had dismissed the story as “fake news.”

In his column published Saturday, Pedroche apologized for offending Trillanes and owned up to his liability. He however said he wrote the story as an “opinion writer” and did not claim it as true.

Pedroche said the information was shared by a “trusted” source.

Trillanes in response said “Tinatanggap ko ang kanyang apology at nagpapasalamat ako sa kanya sa pagtaguyod ng kanilang Code of Ethics bilang journalist.”

He meanwhile said he waits for other columnists and bloggers to apologize to him for publishing “the same fake news.”

Trillanes had confirmed meeting with Rubio last month and presenting to him “factual information” about the country’s drug problem and human rights situation.

Tags: , , , , ,





All Credit Goes There : Source link

Comments

comments