It has taken the Golden State Warriors 12 months to get to this point, a moment that couldn’t arrive fast enough for a team that time and again has had to swallow its pride amid constant reminder of its historic choke job last season.
The Warriors are favorites in their “three-match” with the Cleveland Cavaliers beginning Thursday (Friday, Manila time) and if Steph Curry and co. follow the script, those jokes fans outside of the Bay Area have all come to love will be rendered irrelevant.
So before an impending Golden State coronation distracts fans from the fact that the team blew a 3-1 lead in last year’s finals, ABS-CBN News looks back at the epic, yearlong shade thrown at the Warriors’ expense.
1. The gold standard of troll jobs? Cavaliers forward Richard Jefferson shows his championship bling on ring night. He knows what the jeweller did there.
24-karat 3-1 trolling right there… (via Richard Jefferson’s snapchat) pic.twitter.com/OUyKdeWaDV
— Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) October 26, 2016
2. Because rubbing salt all over the Warriors’ wounds wasn’t enough, a newspaper added some chili sauce and pepper for good measure.
The morning journal has no chill😂 pic.twitter.com/GoVUaSrqtr
— Left Bench Linds (@lindseyllewllew) December 26, 2016
3. For Warriors fans, every day for the last 340 days or so felt like it was March 1.
Happy 3-1 day 🙂 pic.twitter.com/qGycU8tzzE
— SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) March 1, 2017
4. Halloween is as good a time to haunt Golden State about the previous summer’s screw-up, although serving tombstone cookies was a bit odd.
5. “Jeopardy” champ blew a $301 bet, because he could.
Hey Loren, why did you bet $301? I don’t know, for some reason, I am drawn to the numbers 3 and 1. 3 and 1, those are some good numbers.
— Loren Lee Chen (@LorenLChen) January 25, 2017
6. New guy Deron Williams knows the perfect way to fit in.
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) March 1, 2017
7. One thing is for sure — the Warriors debacle has made a lot of people geniuses in arithmetic.
Falcons led 28-3.
28+3 is 31.
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) February 6, 2017
8. This season will be remembered as the time when the Warriors couldn’t steer clear of the savagery.
spotted in Cleveland pic.twitter.com/W9latnyqhJ
— Will Gibson (@wjcgibson) May 22, 2017
— Conrad Kaczmarek (@ConradKaz) September 12, 2016
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.
All Credit Goes There : Source link