In an exciting main event showdown between two talented females, reigning ONE Women’s Atomweight World Champion “Unstoppable” Angela Lee overcame a spirited performance from challenger Istela Nunes to win by submission in the second round.
After catching Nunes with a twister in the first stanza, the bout appeared all but over. However, through sheer will-power and determination, Nunes was able to power through the situation and survive. In the second round, Lee went right back to work on the ground, finishing Nunes with an anaconda choke to retain her title.
In the co-main event, reigning ONE Welterweight World Champion and one of the best fighters in the world pound-for-pound, Ben “Funky” Askren of the United States easily took care of previously unbeaten Agilan “Alligator” Thani of Malaysia, taking his younger foe down to the mat at will with his world-class wrestling and finishing him with an arm triangle choke. On the mat, the former US Olympian caught Thani in a mounted crucifix and pounded on the Malaysian before locking in the fight-ending submission just past the two-minute mark of the first round.
In a highly-anticipated rematch between flyweight contenders, the Philippines’ Geje “Gravity” Eustaquio and Thailand’s Anatpong “Mak” Bunrad went to battle over three rounds to the delight of the capacity crowd. Eustaquio, operating behind his world-class wushu base, tagged Bunrad with pinpoint accurate punches and kicks. Bunrad, a karate champion, had his moments in the fight but it wasn’t enough to claim victory. In the end, it was another close split decision, this time in favor of Eustaquio who avenged his loss to Bunrad two years ago.
ONE: DYNASTY OF HEROES Official Results
- ONE Women’s Atomweight World Championship bout: Angela Lee defeats Istela Nunes by Submission (Anaconda Choke) at 2:18 minutes of round 2
- ONE Welterweight World Championship bout: Ben Askren defeats Agilan Thani by Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) at 2:20 minutes of round 1
- Welterweight bout: Zebaztian Kadestam defeats Luis Santos by Knockout at 2:18 minutes of round 3
- ONE Grappling Super-Match bout: Garry Tonon defeats Shinya Aoki by Submission (Heel Hook) at 7:47 minutes
- Strawweight bout: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke defeats Adrian Matheis by Knockout at 4:26 minutes of round 1
- Flyweight bout: Geje Eustaquio defeats Anatpong Bunrad by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Amir Khan defeats Rajinder Singh Meena by TKO (Strikes) at 1:29 minutes of round 1
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Tiffany Teo defeats Rebecca Heintzman-Rozewski by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Women’s Atomweight bout: Rika Ishige defeats Nita Dea by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:39 minutes of round 1
- Catchweight bout (69.0kg): Chen Lei defeats Jeremy Meciaz by TKO (Strikes) at 2:56 minutes of round 1
All Credit Goes There : Source link