Joshua ready for Pulev » Manila Bulletin Sports

0
28


Published

Britain's Anthony Joshua (L) and Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev (R) shake hands during a press conference at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff (Geoff CADDICK / AFP)

Britain’s Anthony Joshua (L) and Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev (R) shake hands during a press conference at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff (Geoff CADDICK / AFP)

Britain’s Anthony Joshua is looking forward to showcasing the lessons he learned from his stunning win over Wladimir Klitschko when he puts his world heavyweight title on the line.

Joshua, 27, will face his IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria under a closed roof at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on October 28 after his hopes of a Las Vegas rematch with Klitschko were ended by the Ukrainian’s retirement.

Joshua won the brutal Wembley clash in April by an 11th-round stoppage after being knocked down earlier in the fight.

He has won all of his 19 bouts to date but he still intends to draw on that memorable contest as he builds towards an expected US debut next year.

“What I went through in my last fight was a new experience,” he told reporters in Cardiff. “I want to show what I have learned from that.

Pulev, 36, lost his only previous world title fight to Klitschko inside five rounds in November 2014.

Joshua, who is also the WBA heavyweight champion, says he is taking nothing for granted ahead of the fourth defense of his IBF title.

Pulev (25-1) said Joshua should be wary of streetfighting skills he learned in his native Sofia.

“It is not just the ring where I am experienced,” Pulev said. “I have experience on the streets as well, which is another advantage.”

Asked if they were frightening experiences, Pulev replied: “Maybe for my opponents, yes, it was very scary, but for me it was OK. (Agence France-Presse)

Tags: , , ,



All Credit Goes There : Source link

Comments

comments