THE National Irrigation Administration (NIA) assured that the construction of the long overdue P11.2-billion Jalaur River Multipurpose Project II (JRMP II) will finally commence in the first quarter of 2018.
NIR-6 regional manager Gerardo Corsiga said the post qualification process for the selection of a Korean contractor has already been concluded in South Korea.
Corsiga said they will formally announce updates on the megadam construction soon.
“We are just waiting for the documents such as the board’s approval resolution to award the notice to proceed this December.
We expect the contractor to come in by January 2018 and start with the construction,” he said.
The Jalaur project, which is funded by an P8.9 billion loan from the Korean ExportImport Bank and P2.3-billion counterpart from the Philippine government, involves the construction of the Jalaur Reservoir, Jalaur Afterbay and Alibunan Catch Dam.
Phase two of the JRMP was conceived in 2010 with Ilonggo Senator Franklin Drilon pushing for its realization under the administration of former president Benigno Aquino III. The groundbreaking was
held Feb. 21, 2013 at the Iloilo Provincial Capitol in the presence of Aquino. Last year, the Quezon City Regional Trial Court ordered the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) of NIA Central Office to stop the bidding process following the case filed by Daewoo,
one of the two firms which offered bids for the project. Daewoo accused the BAC of grave abuse of authority for declaring failure of bidding for Daewoo and Daelim, the other firm, due to lack of substantial documents from both companies.
All Credit Goes There : Source link