It’s roughly the same with Uber
Yesterday, we did an in-depth guide on how to apply as an Uber driver. This time, we are going to explore the process of applying as a Grab driver. Though both are TNCs, Grab offers more services compared to Uber if you consider GrabExpress and GrabTaxi.
Let’s start off with the basic requirements. According to Grab’s website, you will be needing the following requirements:
- A photo of you with a white background
- Professional Driver’s License, or present the Official Receipt from LTO
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Tax Identification ID (TIN) or Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Original Receipt/Certificate of Registration (OR/CR) or Sales Invoice and Delivery Note of the Vehicle
- Comprehensive Insurance of Vehicle
- Notarized Special Power of Attorney granted by the owner (if the vehicle is not under your name)
As for the vehicles, Grab has the same requirements with Uber: Vehicles should not be older than three years old, and that pickups and vans are not qualified to be used as Grab vehicles.
As for the application process, here’s the step-by-step guide:
*Just like with Uber, LTFRB is currently not accepting applications for Grab as of the moment, so we are writing this as a guide should applications be accepted in the future.
Book online and print the confirmation of your booking received thru your registered e-mail address.
One has to sign up at Grab’s website, providing for basic information like your email, name, Driver’s license type, and the like. After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email, which will prompt you to do the next step.
Go to GrabCar office base on your schedule selected upon booking and bring the complete requirements for your application.
Make sure to set an appointment at GrabCar’s main office (which is at 12/F Wilcon IT Hub, 2251 Chino Roces Ave., Makati City) before proceeding to the onboarding session. Do remember that 1) Their office is open from Monday to Friday, and 2) Don’t forget to bring along ALL requirements, both original and photocopy.
While at the office, you will get your queue number and wait for your turn for verification of your documents. After the requirements were verified, the ff. will be given:
- For Peer – Peer checklist and GCash Form
- For Driver – Driver’s checklist
After your requirements have been verified (you will be given a white wristband), Drivers will proceed to photo booth to take a photo for the Driver’s App.
Proceed to the Peer and Driver briefing session or seminar.
Once you are done with the requirements, you will be joining the seminar to get oriented about GrabCar’s services Before the seminar starts, a GrabCar staff will get filled up GCash form and personal phones for those who will use their personal phone.
After you are done with the seminar, you can get your GCash account and Grab-issued mobile phone (if you opt not to use your personal phone). Make sure to activate your GCash account within three days.
Get accredited by the LTFRB
Just like with Uber, you need to get accreditation from LTFRB before you can start booking passengers via Grab. Here’s a recap of the requirements you will be needing:
In addition, you will need to allot around Php 1,560 for payment of permits. The breakdown is as follows:
- Filing for a CPC – P520
- Renewal of CPC – P520
- Filing for motions (PA permits, motions for reconsiderations, etc) – P260
- Renewal for filed motions – P260
Once done, you will wait (ideally) for 7 to 10 working days for your CPC to be processed. While waiting, LTFRB will give you a Provisional Authority (PA) permit, which is valid for 45 days. You will be needing the following requirements in order to obtain one:
- A motion for extension of provisional authority to be executed by a lawyer,
- OR/CR from LTO Registration
- Receiving copy of the application for CPC
- Government-issued ID
- Special power of attorney (for a representative)
- Receipt of the payment for motion
Once done, you are all ready to roam around the Metro as a GrabCar driver.
Check out our Grab articles on the site:
All Credit Goes There : Source link