‘HIS DEATH WAS ANSWERED PRAYER’ – ‘Notorious’ ex-Marine killed in drug sting

0
109


(Photo from fox2now.com)

A FORMER member of the Philippine Marines is the latest fatality in the PNP’s campaign against illegal drugs in Western Visayas.

Oscar Lim III, 46, was killed by government operatives after he allegedly resisted arrest following a buy-bust operation 5:15 p.m. of May 28, 2017 at their family-owned boarding house in Barangay Poblacion, Tibiao, Antique.

Five days ago, police operatives also killed a suspected drug pusher in another anti-illegal drug operation in Caluya town, also in Antique province.

Joint elements of the Antique Police Provincial Office (APPO)-Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit and Tibiao Police Station, together with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 6 (PDEA-6) worked on Lim’s arrest after he was spotted in the area.

Senior Inspector Juvy Cordero, Tibiao police chief, said the suspect attempted to draw a pistol-type 12-gauge shotgun after he sensed that he was dealing with a policeman.

He succumbed to a lone gunshot wound on his chest.

The town’s medical health official declared him dead at the scene.

Recovered from Lim’s possession were three plastic sachets of suspected shabu.

 

‘ANSWERED PRAYER’

Based on police and court records two years ago, Lim’s then 7-year old daughter accused him of rape. The warrant of arrest for this case has yet to be issued by the court.

An honor pupil, the girl claimed that his father sexually molested her after he used shabu.

After raping her, Lim allegedly “gave” his daughter to a friend who also molested the child.

“The child has repeatedly said that she wanted the day to come to see her father dead,” Cordero said.

It was through her daughter’s revelation that police knew that Lim was into the illegal drug trade.

He was not part of the Oplan Tokhang since he had been staying in Roxas City.

“We believed that Capiz province was his area of operation in his illegal drug trade,” Cordero said.

Lim purportedly returned to Tibiao two weeks ago.

Cordero said that the suspect went AWOL (absent without official leave) from the Marines after a murder case was filed against him in Metro Manila.

He was also charged for estafa in Tobias Fornier town in Antique.

Meanwhile, Cordero said that Lim’s three sons also caused headaches to the local police because of their alleged involvement in theft incidents.

But the three allegedly left Tibiao two years ago.

 

NUMBER 29

Lim is the 29th fatality in Western Visayas since the government started its aggressive campaign against illegal drugs in July 2016.

He was the sixth since the launch of PNP’s Project Double Barrel Reloaded in Western Visayas.

Notably, of the six fatalities, four are from Antique province and two were killed in Iloilo.



All Credit Goes There : Source link

Comments

comments