Countless instances of sexual abuse have maligned some of Hollywood’s largest personalities as of late, with veteran producer Brett Ratner becoming the latest to be accused.
Shortly after Olivia Munn and five other actresses complained of sexual misconduct by the 48-year-old filmmaker, reports surfaced that Gal Gadot would boycott the sequel of the Ratner-produced “Wonder Woman” if he continued to be involved with the project.
Speaking during the “Justice League” premiere in Los Angeles on Monday (Tuesday in Manila), Gadot finally opened up regarding the sensitive matter.
“Look, there’s been a lot written about how I feel and my views about this topic, and everyone knows how I feel about it,” the 32-year-old Israeli actress told Entertainment Tonight.
”And the truth is there’s so many people involved in making this movie and they all have echoed the same sentiments,” Gadot, who backed out of an awards dinner honoring Ratner last month, added.
Ratner, meanwhile, has announced that he would be “stepping away” from working with Warner Bros. “until these personal issues are resolved.”
The disgraced producer’s decision sparked speculations that Gadot’s supposed ultimatum got to him, but “Wonder Woman” director Patty Jenkins assured that Gal had nothing to do with it.
“That whole thing happened weeks ago, so that actually had nothing to do with Gal,” Jenkins told ET. “That was weeks… that was a forgone conclusion, I think. Anyway, I was surprised by that story.” Khristian Ibarrola /ra
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
All Credit Goes There : Source link