THE Department of Justice on Tuesday filed rebellion charges against 12 suspected members of the Maute terrorist group before the Cagayan de Oro City Regional Trial Court.
Indicted for rebellion were Racma Macatuon Talib, Lambo Ampaso Ameril, Amerodin Capga Ameril, Cosnia Talib, Sanabae Saliling Macatuon, Yusoph Taha Halil, Dima Ampaso Ali, Sapacan Sabar Talib, Halil Saliling Ali, Mansawi Imam Gumobat, Huwarda Macatuon Talib and Alanoden Macatuon Dimarugong.
The department originally intended to charge 13 members of the Maute group before the CDO RTC but one of them–Junaid Dimarogong–died in the hospital while undergoing treatment.
The accused were arrested Friday in a hospital in Pagadian City and were subsequently subjected to inquest proceedings for rebellion in Cagayan de Oro City.
After the inquest, prosecutors evaluated the evidence against them and found probable cause to indict the Maute members for rebellion.
The 13 were apprehended by the authorities who received information that a wounded man from Marawi City had sought treatment at the Zamboanga Medical Center.
Marawi City is the site of clashes between security forces and Maute members who attacked the city last month.
Petitioners against the President’s declaration of martial law in Mindanao told the Supreme Court they were unconvinced that there was enough basis for doing so.
In a memorandum submitted Tuesday, Albay Rep. Edcel Lagman said they were not convinced by the presentation made by Defense Secretary and martial law administrator Delfin Lorenzana and Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff and martial law implementor Eduardo Año.
Lagman said the details mentioned by Lorenzana and Año during the closed-door session with the Supreme Court Justices were also cited by Solicitor General Jose Calida in his memorandum submitted to the Court on Monday.
He said these details were not mentioned in the martial law proclamation or the President’s report to Congress.
Calida, in his memo, revealed that there are 20 other terrorist cells in Mindanao. He said the attack in Marawi is a signal for the other terror cells to launch similar attacks in Mindanao.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by The Standard. are views by thestandard.ph readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of thestandard.ph. While reserving this publication’s right to delete that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with The Standard editorial standards, The Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this section.
All Credit Goes There : Source link