By Franco Regala
Camp Julian Olivas, Pampanga –The Philippine National Police in Central Luzon on Monday released crime prevention tips in their communities in line with the annual observance of All Saints’ and Souls’ Day to ensure public security and well-being.
Chief Supt. Amador V. Corpus, Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) director advised the general public to be extra careful during the observance of “Undas” as criminal elements usually take advantage of the situation and the crowd.
Corpus recommended the following tips to travelers or vacationers before leaving their homes:
- Lock all doors and windows and ensure all possible paths to the house are blocked. Install a burglar alarm to alert the neighbors if someone breaks in.
- Do not leave notes outside the house indicating you will be away; keep appliances like the radio on to give the impression someone is still inside the house.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to keep watch over your house.
- Ensure no candle, gas stove or leaking faucet or plugged appliance is left unattended.
- Secure all items such as clothes being hung out to dry.
While inside the cemeteries, Corpus reminded the public of the following:
- Bring sufficient food and water, and keep in mind that liquor and food sold by vendors inside cemeteries are prohibited. Bring protection against heat and rain.
- Do not bring deadly or bladed weapons, loud speakers, and gambling paraphernalia.
- Closely watch items brought inside cemeteries and make sure the candles you bring will not cause fires.
- Remind children not to roam around especially in crowded areas. Have them wear or bring a form of identification.
- Keep the surroundings clean and bring your own trash bag to put garbage in.
- Know where the first aid stations and PNP assistance booth are in case of emergency or need for police assistance.
When traveling, Corpus said the following must be followed:
- Before the trip, make sure the vehicle is road-worthy, and follow the “BLOWBAG” rule: B for Battery; L for Light; O for Oil; W for Water; B for Brakes; A for Air; and G for Gas.
- Bring all pertinent documents for the vehicle, including the Insurance Certificate. Make sure the doors are locked and the windows closed especially if children are joining the trip.
- Ensure control of the vehicle at all times. Avoid one-handed driving or using a mobile phone; avoid driving while drunk or sleepy.
- When driving at night, always use headlights and signal lights. Don’t drive when you have poor eyesight.
- If you do not live too far from a cemetery, don’t bring your car so as not to add to traffic.
And for those who will commute:
- Don’t wear jewelry or bring large amounts of money. Keep watch over your mobile phone. Do not bring too many items.
- Be early at airports and seaports, especially in the case of women, children and senior citizens.
- If you see a suspicious package, or someone acting suspiciously, notify authorities.
- Be wary of snatchers and petty thieves, and report incidents to the nearest Police Assistance Post.
Tags: Amador V. Corpus, cemeteries, Central Luzon, Corpus, crime prevention tips, Crime prevention tips for All Saints’ and All Soul’s Day, Manila Bulletin, Philippine National Police, police assistance
All Credit Goes There : Source link