Chinese-Filipino syndicate eyed behind P6-B drug shipment » Manila Bulletin News

0
98


Published

By Betheena Kae Unite

The Bureau of Customs (BOC) revealed that a syndicate, possibly a mix of Chinese and Filipinos, was behind the P6-billion illegal drug haul in Valenzuela City last Saturday.

505 kilos of Shabu is presented by the NBI after it was seized together with the Bureau of Customs and PDEA in Valenzulea City last saturday. It is the 2nd largest seizure of illegal drugs in the country. (Photo by ali vicoy)

“Base sa mga impormasyon na ina-analyze natin, malaking posibilidad na syndicated ito kasi organized ang paggalaw nila (Based on the information we analyzed, we may be dealing with a syndicate; their movements are organized),” Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service (CIIS) Chief Neil Estrella said at Monday’s press conference at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) headquarters in Manila.

Estrella noted how the metal shipment was carefully packed, taking hours for them to peel through “very thick metal, wrapped with a thick rubber and has wood” to reveal the concealed illegal drugs.

He said that even if the shipment had been subjected to inspection, it would have been difficult for inspectors to determine whether or not it contained contraband. It would take special tools at a laboratory to open the cargo.

“So kahit physical inspection hindi mo siya makikita (It can’t be discovered by mere physical inspection),” Estrella said.

As such, recommendations have been made to adjust the system of inspection at the BOC.

Tags: , , , , , ,



All Credit Goes There : Source link

Comments

comments