By Mike U. Crismundo
BUTUAN CITY – The regional command of Northeastern Mindanao Police Regional Office 13 (PRO 13) reported on Monday that 20 persons were already arrested in their intensified drive against loose firearms in various parts of Caraga region for the month of May up to the present.
PRO 13 regional director Chief Supt. Rolando B. Felix told The Manila Bulletin there were 25 firearms and ammunition confiscated at the same period in its drive against loose firearms.
“Actually, we have intensified our drive against loose firearms in an objective that none of these drug syndicates and threat groups can enter in our region, especially that all-out operations against Maute terror group is ongoing in Marawi City,” said the region’s police chief .
He said the intensified PRO 13 operations against unlicensed guns is also part of the PNP’s “Kontra Boga” drive.
He said all these operations are targeting unregistered and unlicensed firearms in the hands of threat groups, criminal elements and other civilian population who initiates lawlessness in the community, as he assured that the peace and order in various parts of the region is relatively peaceful since the Marawi City siege started.
Felix ordered all field units in the region including operational control (Opcon) units to agressively launch more operations to recover loose guns, in round-the-clock basis.
He also ordered the tightening of all checkpoints spread in various parts of the region.
Last week, police units arrested a suspect for undocumented firearms in Barangay Songcoy, Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte.
All Credit Goes There : Source link