2-M people to flock to Manila North Cemetery until Nov. 2 » Manila Bulletin News

0
34


Published

By Jaimie Rose Aberia

Around two million people are expected to flock to he Manila North Cemetery (MNC) until Nov. 2, director Daniel Tan said Monday.

(Wikipedia | Manila Bulletin)

The bulk of the number, he said, is expected to arrive from Oct. 31 to Nov. 1. Since Oct. 28, Tan said, 100,000 people have visited their departed loved ones.

Tan also said the “grave finder” application launched last year has helped them big time in managing the number of people who don’t know the location of their loved ones.

“Mas organized ngayon kasi nung wala pa yan, mahirap dahil tambak ang nasa opisina, pila pila. Ngayon malaking kabawasan na. (This time it’s more organized, because before we didn’t have it [grave finder app] before, it was more difficult, there were long queues at the office.  It really has help lighten the load.),” Tan said.

Grave finder, which helps locate a loved one by typing his or her name, can be found on www.manilanorthcemetery.com.

Meanwhile, Supt. Tomas Ibay said there are a total of seven police posts, manned by at least 40 cops each, around the 54-hectare cemetery.

Ibay also reminded the public to refrain from bringing prohibited items such as cleaning materials, loud speakers, sharp objects and alcoholic drinks.

No untoward incident has been noted since Oct. 28.

Tags: , , , , , ,





All Credit Goes There : Source link

Comments

comments